Apple provides an overview of the iPad hardware and features through their website:
Turning On / Waking Up the iPad
1. Quickly press and release the power button in the top right corner to wake the iPad up.
2. If the iPad does not wake up, press the same button for one second and then release. An Apple icon will appear on the screen and the iPad will start in about one minute.
Syncing a Wireless Keyboard with a D. Samuel Gottesman Library iPad
Loading Apps / Content onto the iPad
You may load additional apps and content on a D. Samuel Gottesman Library iPad using your own Apple iTunes account, however it is your responsibility to transfer any content to your own computer / iTunes library as the iPad will be synced with the library iTunes account upon return and all added files and content will be removed.
Transferring Purchases / Data
To set up a personal email account
1. Tap the “Mail” icon found on the iPad home screen.
2. Select the type of email account you wish to add.
3. Enter the requested information and tap Save.
To remove an email account from the iPad
1. Tap the Settings icon .
2. Tap “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” .
3. Tap the account you wish to remove and then “Delete Account”. You will see a warning that this will delete all data from the iPad. Tap “Delete”.
Note: All personal information and data will be removed when the iPad is returned to the library. This information cannot be recovered by Library staff.
To close an application:
1. Double click on the Home button. The iPad will display all currently running apps.
2. Tap and hold an app for a second. A red circle will appear in the corner of the app.
3. Tap the circle to completely close the app.
4. Click on the “Home” button once to return to the main screen.